The German DAX (Deutscher Aktien Index)
The German stock market index (GER30) was introduced under "DAX" in 1988. DAX includes the 30 largest companies listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The DAX (Deutscher Aktien Index) is a blue-chip stock market index. In order for a company to be included in the DAX, it has to have a free float of 10%, to be highly liquid, it has to be traded continuously in Xetra, and it has to maintain a registered office in Germany.
The DAX30 works as a performance index, meaning that the dividends of the listed companies are accounted as reinvested capital. The performance of the DAX can be seen as a key indicator for the development of the German and the European economy.
DAX30 Key Points
- The trading hours for the DAX take place from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CET
- The base value for the DAX is 1,000, and the base date is 30 December 1987
- The German Xetra technology calculates the index after every 1 second since the start of 2006
- The Weighting method for the DAX is the Capitalization Weighted
- The 30 companies of the DAX30 account for approximately 75% of the total value on the Frankfurt stock exchange
As a CFD asset, DAX30 is characterized by large and dynamic swings in both directions. The performance of the DAX30 is generally aligned with the American Markets.
DAX Options & Futures
DAX MACROECONOMIC UPCOMING NEWS
Correlations with the Money Markets
Correlations with the Forex Markets
Two important correlations with the Forex Markets. The first is with the US Dollar Index (USDX) and the second with USDJPY.
Composition of DAX
|Rank||Company||Symbol||Weight (%)||Rank||Company||Symbol||Weight (%)|
|2||Allianz||» ALV||6.66||17||Fresenius Medical Care||FME||2.16|
|10||Deutsche Bank||» DBK||5.05||25||Munich Re||MUV2||2.92|
|12||Deutsche Lufthansa||LHA||0.83||27||SAP||» SAP||7.7|
|13||Deutsche Post||DPW||1.9||28||Siemens||» SIE||9.96|
|14||Deutsche Telekom||» DTE||5.38||29||ThyssenKrupp||TKA||1.33|
|15||E.ON||» EOAN||6.24||30||Volkswagen Group||VOW3||3.36|
Compare: ► CFD / Forex Brokers
■ DAX -The German DAX (Deutscher Aktien Index)